Monday, March 3, 2014

Enjoy the process

Last week I posted a pic about trusting the process.  Once I decided to do that, then something wonderful happened.  It has allowed me to also take joy in the process. What I've learned is that its not so much the desired outcome of the goal, but who we become during the process.
Strength is a skill, just like any other.  Every workout, every meal, & decision in the right direction to impact the desired outcome is an opportunity to become better than the day before.

When you are truly focused on the day-to-day process of achieving a long term goal (in this case its continually improve, enhance and PROTECT my health), I am remaining true to myself -- focusing on the basics (rest, hydration, nutrition, mobility and other corrective work) to avoid injury.

I've also learned that enjoying the process has also made me thankful and has taught me patience.  As my strength continues to grow, I continue to feel better (and continue to be amazed at what I am able to do).  That saying, you only get one body. Its true, show yourself some respect. You and your body deserve the best so make it a priority to keep it clean. Eat unprocessed foods that are high in nutrition. If you treat your body right it will treat you right. In the long run your body will either be your best friend or your own worst enemy. It’s all up to you! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment