Saturday, May 24, 2014

My experience with the Ultimate Reset

I had never done a cleanse before, mainly cause I never wanted to give up my intense workouts.  Since becoming a Certified Health Coach, it would be hard for me to make recommendations for my clients do a detox, so the best way to help them get through it is if I did too.

The thought of not being able to keep up with running any chance I had or doing plyometric, hardcore moves was just something I wasn't willing to give up for 21 days.  Then finally, I decided to join a large group of other challengers who were also looking to detox.

The prep was a bit intense, going food shopping for very specific items was like being on a wild goose hunt.  And, making everything ahead of time was a job in and of itself.  I had pulled out my rice cooker which I never thought I'd ever use again.

Already going into this cleanse a vegeterian, I felt this gave me an advantage.  I love everything I ate, the recipes were easy to follow, the hard part in the beginning was eliminating coffee.  The withdrawal from caffiene was horrible.  I felt really frazzled and had to deal with headaches for 3 days and it was suggested that we forgo the Tylenol too.   After I got through that part, the rest of my experience was great.  I learned that I have extraordinary resolve & persevered through Easter, ate miso soup and veggies, shots of alkalinize while everyone was drinking wine and chowing down on some holiday classics like homemade manicotti, bread and pizza di rustica. I was sleeping better, my skin was so clear and overall I felt a huge sense of accomplishment. It definitely wasn't easy. If you've been following my posts on Instagram and Facebook, then you knew how challenging it was to be subjected to overwhelmingly strong smells and sights of Margherita flatbread pizza, and shrimp with squid ink pasta. But I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY meal I had.

Now I walk away with some awesome recipes, I tried tempeh, jicama, experimented with new spices and seasonings and even rolled my own sushi. While I really missed my intense workout sessions, my cutting board got a serious workout and now has a 6 pack from all the 
cuts over the past 3 weeks.


To see glimpse of what some of my meals were you can visit my Ultimate Reset Pinterest board

Now for the results:  I'm happy to report that I lost a total of 12 pounds and 6 inches in just 21 days. The best part was that I have learned to nourish my body through proper nutrition, tune into conscious eating, and that I really don't need coffee to wake me up. I would definitely recommend this cleanse to anyone who wants to take their health to a new level. You may never know just how good you're supposed to feel. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about gaining energy & eating clean, then message me. A healthy outside starts on the inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment